I use the babies R Us brand food processor. I like it well enough. It does a fantastic
job processing the food. If the food is too thick I can just add a splash of
water or breast milk and the processor can make it a good consistency. Sometimes I do have to shake it around a bit
to get the food to the blades. The biggest problem I have is that when I’m processing
something like spinach or blueberries that has a high water content, the processor
leaks. That can be a bit messy and annoying.
But over all it does the job well.
For food storage I got the Especially for Baby Freezer food tray and containers. I would not recommend this product as strongly.
Although to be fair I have not used them in the freezer yet, which is their
intended use. I love that they can go in the dishwasher and I also love that
the lids are connected to the bowl. What I don’t like is that if even a
miniscule peace of food is on the lip of the container the lid won’t snap
shut. Even when the lid does snap shut I
have no confidence that if it were knocked over in the fridge it wouldn’t spill
out everywhere. If I dropped it on the floor, the food would be all over the
kitchen. I suppose that is why the trays
are important. But for storage I would like a lid that closed a little tighter
and with more ease.
Steamer: I have a bamboo steamer that I put over a pot of
water. I love it. It works perfectly. I have
used it for fish/veggies etc. The nice thing is that you just put a clean plate
in the bamboo bowl and let it cook. The
biggest problem I have is steam burns.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that just because its steam it won’t
be hot and it will be hot from the bottom of the pan to about a foot up. So be
careful.
No comments:
Post a Comment